PDO Mono Threads are the latest revolutionary treatment helping to firm and tighten skin, giving you a natural and youthful look. Originating in Korea, they are a popular treatment for those who want tightening of the skin without surgical intervention.
PDO Mono Threads are made from Polydioxanone which is an absorbent polymer, and the same material used in dissolvable sutures. They are a flexible & durable thread that is inserted into the face or body, stimulating the formation of collagen around the thread. This gives support to the tissues. These threads are smooth and made without barbs, they are not intended to lift the face, but rather tighten the skin.
PDO Mono Threads have become increasing popular among clients and clinics alike for their numbers benefits.
- Perfect for the fuller face in patients that naturally have volume, but still want a tightening effect. In these patients volumisation with fillers can leave them looking overfilled or puffy and the threads do a great job of tightening the skin without adding volume.
- The threads are great in mobile areas of the face such as the accordion lines in the cheeks. Sometimes fillers can migrate and look unnatural when the face is in animation when fillers are injected into this area. Threads are a great way to address these pesky lines without the risk of looking unnatural.
- No chemicals injected - Made from Polydioxanone, these threads dissolve over the period of about 6 months and no foreign substances are left in the skin long term. If you want subtle tightening of the skin, PDO Mono Threads can be an alternative to anti-wrinkle injections. They increase collagen production but keep your natural movement.
- PDO Threads are a longer lasting treatment.
While the effects do take about 8 - 12 weeks to fully develop, the collagen boosting results last for anywhere from 8 - 12 months depending on the area being treated. This means less trips to the clinic and longer lasting results.
- They can be done virtually anywhere on the face.
PDO Threads are flexible, and don’t interfere with muscles so can be inserted anywhere to help build collagen. They can also be done on the body in regions such as the stomach to promote skin tightening.
- Avoid going under the knife. - PDO Mono Threads are popular due to their dramatic skin tightening benefits, without being too invasive. You can achieve skin tightening but avoid going under the knife or resorting to dramatic treatments.
Despite what you might see online, PDO Mono Threads are relatively painless. The needle is inserted very close to the surface and with a topical anaesthetic, you won't feel much pain.