The booming popularity of the cosmetic medicine industry has led to an array of advancements in new treatments, products and procedures to help turn back the clock and enhance your natural beauty. The most recent injectable anti-aging treatment that has taken the nation by storm are bio-remodelling injections. These injections can be used in both the face and neck.
Hailing from Italy, this injectable treatment was developed to rejuvenate and hydrate the skin. It is made up of a pure hybrid HA. HA is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps to hydrate and plump the skin. Unlike conventional HA-based fillers, which are injected to add volume, fill in wrinkles and contour the face, Bio-remodelling injections are injected into 5 standard injection points across the face in a specific pattern using a BAP (bio aesthetic point) pattern. The product diffuses approximately 4cm from the BAP injection point and provides coverage to the lower face from below the orbital rim. This then stimulates your own cells to make more collagen and elastin, which help create a brighter, tighter and more youthful complexion. The product differs from conventional HA fillers in that it does not create volume but improves the skin.
Bio-remodelling injections are often used to treat areas of the face that are prone to sagging or thinning, such as the cheeks, jawline, and neck. The treatment typically involves two sessions, spaced about four weeks apart, with results lasting for up to 12 months.
Bio-remodelling injections have several potential benefits for the skin, including:
- Skin hydration: the injections contain a high concentration of HA, which helps to hydrate and plump the skin. This can help to improve the overall texture and appearance of the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crepey skin.
- Boost collagen and elastin production: The HA in bio-remodelling injections stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, which are essential for maintaining its structure and elasticity. This can help to firm and lift sagging or thinning skin in the lower face.
- Natural-looking results: Bio-remodelling injections are designed to provide a natural-looking result. The result is a fresher appearance, but you will still look like you!
- Minimal downtime: bio-remodelling injections are relatively quick, with minimal downtime and few side effects. Most people are able to resume their normal activities immediately after the treatment. The most noticeable side effect is a small bump at the injection site which looks almost like a mosquito bite. Most of the time these are gone the next day. Bruising is generally minimal with this product due to the superficial placement in the tissue.
- Long-lasting results: While the duration of the results can vary depending on the individual, most people can expect the effects of bio-remodelling injections to last 6-12 months. Most people start to notice the effects of their treatment around 3 weeks post-treatment and the effects will peak at 12 weeks.
One of the best ways our clients have described their results from bio-remodelling is “I look like myself but just younger” - and we completely agree. This doesn't change the shape or movement of the face but reinvigorates your skin so its more healthy, thicker, radiant and hydrated.
Privée Clinic was one of the first stockists of bio-remodellers in Australia and continues to specialise in these treatments for all our clients.